To ensure that a positive environment conductive to learning is created, we ask that all parents and students read, understand, and agree to the following:
- Please try to keep the waiting area and hallway as quiet as possible during classes.
- While in the studio or waiting area it is imperative that adults and students alike respect one another. Please avoid talking about personal situations among other parents, students, or faculty. We want to keep a positive learning environment for our dancers and our parents.
- Do not leave children unattended. If your child is unable to go to the bathroom by him or herself, we ask that you remain in the waiting room for the duration of their classes to assist them when necessary.
- In case of snow or bad weather, check our Facebook page for any class cancellations.
- Class placement depends on many factors including ability, experience, age, and maturity. Instructors will work with students and their families to find the right class for each student. We have the student’s best interests in mind and appreciate everyone’s cooperation on this matter.
- It is our policy that class placement is not chosen or affected by parents; rather the teachers will decide when the student is ready. It is encouraged that parents inquire how the student can work toward improving, rather than demand a student is placed into a particular class.
Registration and Tuition
- A $15.00 registration fee is due per student at the time of registration.
- Reservations for every class are highly recommended in order to guarantee a spot in class.
- All classes must be purchased before the start of class.
- Ballet or Creative Movement: Dancers are to wear a leotard or unitard with tights. Dancers are allowed to wear a ballet skirt or ballet shorts during class. All ballet students are required to wear pink ballet slippers. Advanced students should wear split sole ballet slippers. All ballet classes require a bun, or closest to a bun as possible.
- Jazz: Dancers are to wear a leotard or unitard with either tights, dance shorts, or jazz pants. All jazz shoes must be black, unless the student decides to wear footundeez, a modern shoe, or otherwise specified by the teacher. Students in level 2 classes are encouraged to wear a split sole jazz shoe.
- Hip/Hop: Dancers are allowed to wear comfortable sweats for class, as long as, the clothes are not too baggy to the point of limiting motion. NO DENIM in any form is allowed in class. Please dress appropriately as far as tank tops and clothing that may appear to be revealing, no pajama pants; it is a dance class, not a nightclub or slumber party.
- Modern/Contemporary: Students are to wear a leotard with dance shorts or cropped pants. It is encouraged to wear looser clothing that provides movement and range of motion.
- Proper attire is required for class participation. It allows for the instructors to examine the dancer’s body alignment and make corrections in order to prevent injury.
- Warm-ups may be worn while stretching, but must be removed if the instructor asks. This includes t-shirts, or sweat pants that may be too baggy.
- Hair in all classes must be neatly tied back and out of the dancer’s face.
While on the dance floor
- There is absolutely no gum chewing while dancing. NO FOOD ALLOWED IN STUDIO! We ask that you please throw away all garbage. Drinks are to be kept on the side of the dance floor (water only).
- Only specified dance shoes are permitted on the dance floor.
Missed Class / Cancelation Policy
- Refunds will not be given for any missed classes. Payments are the same regardless of absences.
- Reserved classes must be cancelled at least 4 hours prior to the start of class to avoid being charged for the class. No exceptions!